Författare Ämne: Welcome!  (läst 14887 gånger)

Utloggad Andreas Engström

• GHFS tränare
  • Antal inlägg: 3034
  • Huvudtränare militärsabel
    • Visa profil
Welcome!
« skrivet: 2006-11-11, 20:48:54 »

A warm welcome to our friends from afar. Please talk to us!

-Engström

Citat från: Herakleitus, ca 500 fvt
Panta rei kai ouden menei
(Allt förändras, inget är beständigt)

Utloggad Karl-Axel Knutson

• Antal inlägg: 2
    • Visa profil
Re: Welcome!
« Svar #1 skrivet: 2010-03-10, 15:32:59 »
Cheers, and thanks a lot!

I, poor student at the University of Lund (currently living in Gifu city, Japan, however) have come across a japanese friend who decided on starting to give me classes in medieval japanese fencing -kenjutsu (not to be mistaken with the modern sport of "kendô"), provided that I teach him what little Ihave come to know about German medieval fencing.

Seeing how I was but a mere beginner when I left Lund I have come to the point where I no longer have very much new things to teach my japanese friend...and this after only one month!

Thanks to your publication of the Ringeck Zedel I am now capable of organizing the training a bit better and provide with more training material! (As a former student of german medieval literature at the Humboldt University of Berlin I must say that it warmed my heart to see that one isn't alone in one's interest for dusty german tombs)

So once again, thank you!

Vîl gluock unde spâz bî ringen!

Utloggad Andreas Engström

• GHFS tränare
  • Antal inlägg: 3034
  • Huvudtränare militärsabel
    • Visa profil
« Svar #2 skrivet: 2010-03-10, 15:39:13 »
Always fun to hear that our stuff is put to good use! The gospel of Liechtenauer needs to be spread to light up these dark places in the east.. :-)

Good luck with your continued training, and do come visit us whenever you're back visiting in Sweden!

-Andreas
Citat från: Herakleitus, ca 500 fvt
Panta rei kai ouden menei
(Allt förändras, inget är beständigt)

Utloggad Anders Linnard

• GHFS tränare
  • Antal inlägg: 3434
  • Grundare, huvudinstruktör, tränare f-grupp långsv.
    • Visa profil
« Svar #3 skrivet: 2010-03-10, 19:03:06 »
And let us know what your friend thinks of the German stuff.

/A
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Churchill

Utloggad Karl-Axel Knutson

• Antal inlägg: 2
    • Visa profil
« Svar #4 skrivet: 2010-03-11, 07:01:07 »
Indeed, I just got off the double-course training about an hour ago...We came to discuss the differences between japanese swordfighting(in this particular case unarmed 16th century peasant self-defence swordfighting) and some of the ill-composed training courses that I have had to put together so far in Lichtenauers spirit...

The differences are sometimes striking -how come fighting with a sword became this different, I wonder...

For your interest, I assume, it seems that the "Krumphau" was used by the japanese as well! Although, the trajectory of that particular cut seems to differ a bit from the japanese version of it, the idea seems to be the same!

Once again -thank you!