Författare Ämne: GHFS’ guide for instructors now available in English  (läst 6895 gånger)

Utloggad Axel Pettersson

• GHFS tränare
  • Antal inlägg: 3252
  • tränare f-grupp långsvärd
    • Visa profil
GHFS’ guide for instructors now available in English
« skrivet: 2013-05-26, 19:47:50 »
"

GHFS’ guide for instructors now available in English

Postby Anders Linnard » Sat May 25, 2013 1:33 pm
It is with great pleasure that I am able to present How we train – a guide for instructors in English. This is our primary study material for instructors on how to teach in our club, and I hope that people outside of Sweden will find it useful.

This text came about as a result of my own need to write down my thoughts on training methodology, and I then realised that there was much that I didn’t know. So I started to do some research, and adding things to my own ideas. Writing How we train was very much a learning experience. I hope that I will continue to learn from the community, from my students and fellow instructors, so that I get the pleasure of updating and revising this text many times over in the future.

I also hope that all of you interested in this subject will join me in a conversation on how we teach and train HEMA. If you have input, criticism or just want to share ideas, please don’t hesitate to write to me.

There are a few people that I have to mention for their outstanding work. Axel Pettersson translated the English version, and I can’t even begin to express how grateful I am to him for taking the time to do it. I would not have been able to do it myself, and just as so many times before he was there to cover my back.

I also want to thank Keith Farrell for proofreading and editing, and Andreas Engström for feedback on the original text.

All the best,

Anders Linnard, Head Instructor of Gothenburg Historical Fencing School"

http://ghfs.se/images/manualer/langsvaerd/how-we-train-final.pdf
"When in doubt, escalate beyond all reasonable expectations."