Författare Ämne: Hello swordsmen!  (läst 10514 gånger)

Utloggad Toby Lunn

• Antal inlägg: 2
    • Visa profil
Hello swordsmen!
« skrivet: 2013-08-02, 05:24:54 »
Hi guys

I love this sport so much

I am keen to get into HEMA as a sport, not just a pastime, I have just started longsword and backsword (a few months of training) but have 20 years competition in wrestling/judo/boxing etc

I train with Paul Wagner in Australia (http://sydney.stoccata.org/) and I am very keen to develop my skills in competition

Is there any advice for guys starting out for competition? I practice alot but sparring partners are very hard to come by....I am contemplating a trip to Sweden next year as I believe to get good you need super high level guys pushing you at all times

I have watched ALOT of youtube vids of sparring, Axel Pettersons seminars and feel I can learn something from it but I crave top flight competition!!

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, I hope to see some of you at swordfish one day and we can hit each other  :)

Utloggad Robin Hedlund

• GHFS members
  • Antal inlägg: 1589
  • Tränare Långsvärdsgrundkursen Gruppledare Rapier
    • Visa profil
Re: Hello swordsmen!
« Svar #1 skrivet: 2013-08-04, 22:38:11 »
Hi
Sparring under the Swordfish ruleset will help you to some extent.
Part from that just keep up the training and work hard.
See you out there.
Robin

Utloggad Toby Lunn

• Antal inlägg: 2
    • Visa profil
« Svar #2 skrivet: 2013-08-08, 06:35:22 »
thanks mate i will! The swordfish rules seem to not focus on hitting the hands and arms as much as the normal rules I spar under

I was wondering where I can get the "feder" swords you guys use to compete? In Australia its all either shinai sparring or the heavier steel that is not really suitable for sparring

thanks again :)

Utloggad Robin Hedlund

• GHFS members
  • Antal inlägg: 1589
  • Tränare Långsvärdsgrundkursen Gruppledare Rapier
    • Visa profil
« Svar #3 skrivet: 2013-08-08, 07:17:58 »